Students in P4 are enjoying the challenge to create an iMovie project that represent their experiences and inquiries at the Hong Kong Museum of History in Tsim Sha Tsui.
Students are planning their group’s exploration with specific questions and topics they want to take video and photos of. They are comparing Hong Kong then and now. The unit is entitled, ‘Old Hong Kong’ and will be presented in a iMovie project that highlights what visitors to Hong Kong should go and see.
Skills they are developing:
- group skills
- question and answer
- clarity and pronunciation skills
- proper video and photo capturing skills
- “less is more” concept with video lengths
- interview and presentation skills while using the video capture function
- iMovie skills in arranging clips and photos, titles, captions, voice over, cropping/trimming, volume control, transitions and basic effects – again, “less is more”